February 15-17 at the Marriott Hotel & Conference Center in Provo
- 9:00-9:45 AM (Bryce) Terraforming and Colonizing Venus
We tend to think of Mars as more hospitable for colonization than Venus, but Venus has certain advantages for colonization as well. What can we do to colonize Venus right now? What might we do to make Venus more hospitable to human life?
Brad R. Torgersen, Scott R. Parkin (Moderator), Darci Rhoades Stone, Kevin Evans, Sarah E. Seeley
- 2:00-2:45 PM (Maple) How Weather Works
Weather is affected by all sorts of factors. How do oceans, mountains, latitude, tilt, and magnetic fields all contribute to weather? What happens when these variables are changed?
Erekson Holt, Shannon Babb, Sarah E. Seeley (Moderator), Darci Rhoades Stone
- 5:00-5:45 PM (Bryce) Paleontology for the Created World
Now that you’ve created or discovered a new world, what can you expect its prehistoric life to be like? How would the fossil record be affected by life (mythical or otherwise) or robots that were created?
Dr. Jonh K. Lundwall, Josi Russell, Nikhil Pillarisetti Rao, Sarah E. Seeley, Rowan North (Moderator)
- 8:00 PM Mass Author Signing–Open to the public!
- 10:00-10:45 AM (Arches) Biology & Physiology of Mythical Creatures
Dragons, griffins, centaurs, werewolves, and so forth. What do we understand about the biology of mythical creatures?
Nikhil Pillarisetti Rao, Sarah E. Seeley, C.A. Preece (Moderator), D.W. Dalton, Devon Dorrity
- 2:00-2:45 PM (Canyon) What It’s Like: Writing in Somebody Else’s Milieu
This is NOT a “how to write in somebody else’s milieu”; this is “what is it like?” Did you still like the milieu afterwards? We want stories from those invited to write.
Karen Evans, Sarah E. Seeley, Todd McCaffrey, Brad R. Torgersen (Moderator), Brandon Sanderson
Salt Lake Comic Con 2017
September 21-23 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City
- Saturday, 3:00 PM–War and Peace in Science Fiction (room 151A)
Michael Bacera, Sarah Hanisko, John Morehead (Moderator), Sarah E. Seeley, Eric Swedin, Timothy Zahn
Salt Lake Comic Con Fan Xperience 2017
March 17-18 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City
Photo credit: Lisa Mangum
- Saturday, 7:00 PM–The Art of Horror: Why People Loved to be Scared (room 151G)
Courtney Alameda, Michaelbrent Collings, Robert J. Defendi (Moderator), Sarah E. Seeley, Nathan Shumate, John Steiner
Life, The Universe, and Everything Writing Symposium 2017
February 16-18 at the Marriott Hotel & Conference Center in Provo
- 11:00-11:50 AM: Natural Disasters (Birch)
What makes natural disasters so devastating? How do we mitigate these effects? After a disaster, how do people and civilizations recover? This panel seeks to explain the answers using historical events.
Daniel Friend, James Ganiere (M), Beth Meacham, Sarah E. Seeley
- 12:00-12:50 PM: How to Make a Species: Adaptation and Evolution (Cedar)
This panel will seek to explain how a species (real or fictitious) might come to be through the science of evolution and adaptation.
Derick William Dalton, Helge Moulding (M), Scott R. Parkin, Howard Tayler, Sarah E. Seeley
- 3:00-3:50 PM: Geology…in Space! Or, How to Make a Planet (Aspen)
Using the theories of astronomy and geology to explain how a planet is formed, as well as planetary characteristics that might support life.
Daniel Friend (M), Colton Goodrich, Sarah E. Seeley, Collin Jensen
- 6:00 – 6:50 PM: Book Signing (2 hours)
(Zion, Bryce, Arches, Timpanogos)
*I’ll be in the vendors room at the Immortal Works table all three days!
Salt Lake Comic Con
September 1-3 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City
- Friday, September 2–10:00 AM: Writing Science Fiction: An Inside Look at the Art of Creating the Fantastic (room 251A)
Cecil Castellucci, David Farland (Moderator), Angie Lofthouse, Eric Swedin, Callie Stoker, Sarah E. Seeley
- Friday, September 2–3:00 PM: Creativity as an Act of Courage: Allowing Your Art to be Seen, Read, Heard, Etc. (room 253A)
Shannen Camp, Kristyn Crow, Brian Durfee, M. Todd Gallowglas, James A. Owen, Charlie Pulsipher (Moderator), Sarah E. Seeley
- Saturday, September 3–7:00 PM: “The Whole History of Mankind is nothing but Science Fiction.” How Science Fiction Has Shaped Our Future (room 253A)
William Neidermeyer, Damon Ricks, Sarah E. Seeley, Blake Smith, John Steiner, Eric Swedin (Moderator), J. Christopher Thompson
- Saturday, September 3–8:00 PM: Mass Consumption of Brains! How Horror Reflects the Current State of the World (room 255B)
Jason A. Anderson, Michaelbrent Collings, Angela Hartley, Sean Hoade, Carter Reid (Moderator), Sarah E. Seeley, Johnny Worthen
Sarah is selling books at the Xchyler Publishing booth, #2226 on the vendor floor!
Salt City Steamfest 2016
August 12-14 at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center in West Valley City
*Sarah will be selling books at the Xchyler Publishing table
May 28 from 2:00-6:00 PM at the Viridian Event Center
April 28-May 1 at the Marriott Hotel & Conference Center in Provo
- Friday, April 29 — 12:45 – 1:45 PM: Readings (30 min. each) (Juniper)
Sarah E. Seeley & Dave Butler
- Friday, April 29 — 7:15 – 9:45 PM: Book Signing (Arches/Canyon)
- Sunday, May 1 — 12:45 – 1:45 PM: Why We Love Lovecraft (Cedar)
Eric Swedin, David J. West (Moderator), Nathan Shumate, Carter Reid, Sanford Allen, Sarah E. Seeley
- Sarah will be a book vendor with authors S. A. Butler and David J. West all four days.
Salt Lake Comic Con Fan-Xperience
March 24-26 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City
- Thursday, March 24 — 5:00 PM: Real Science in Sci-Fi Literature and Film (Room 255F)
Charlie Pulsipher (Moderator), Sarah E. Seeley, John Steiner, Eric Swedin, Howard Tayler
- Saturday, March 26 — 8:00 PM: “Not Meant to Voyage Far”: Sceince in the Universe of H.P. Lovecraft (Room 255B)
Nathan Croft, Sean Hoade (Moderator), Sarah E. Seeley, Nathan Shumate, Eric Swedin, David J. West
- I will be selling books and giving away squishy brains that shamelessly plug my writing all three days at the Xchyler Publishing booth, #1431 on the vendor floor.
Life, The Universe, and Everything Writing Symposium 2016
Thursday, February 11
- 2:00-3:00 PM: The Spread of Disease (Cedar)
Charlie Pulsipher, Sarah E. Seeley, Holli Anderson
- 5:00-6:00 PM: Applied Biotechnology (Timpanogos)
Tyler Jolley, Sarah E. Seeley
Friday, February 12
- 8:00-10:00 PM: Evening Mass Book Signing (Zion, Bryce, Arches, all three roomes opened up in one)
Saturday, February 13
- 1:00-2:00 PM: John Williams: The Power of Film Score (Timpanogos)
Renee Collins, Joe Monson, Craig Nybo, Sarah E. Seeley
- 6:00-7:00 PM: Steampunk: Don’t Break Your World (Cedar)
J Scott Savage, Sarah E. Seeley, Dan Willis,
**I will be selling books all three days! Look for me in the dealers room with S. A. Butler and Deren Hansen. I will also be helping a little at the Utah HWA booth when things aren’t too crazy.
Salt Lake Comic Con
September 24-26 at the Salt Palace Convention Center
Thursday, September 24
- 3:00 PM: Outlining vs. Discovery Writing (Room 255F)
Kevin J. Anderson, Larry Correia, David Farland, Tracy Hickman, Tyler Jolley, Sarah E. Seeley, Jill Williamson
Friday, September 25
- 3:00 PM: Classifying Fear: Is There a Difference Between Horror and Suspense? (Room 151A)
Jason A. Anderson, Michael R. Collings, Richard Kadrey, Adrienne Monson, Bree Ogden, Sarah E. Seeley, Nathan Shumate
- 8:00 PM: God and the Devil in Horror (Room 150G)
Jason A. Anderson, Michael R. Collings, Michaelbrent Collings, Angela Hartley, John Morehead, Sarah E. Seeley, Sean Smithson (Moderator)
*Selling Books at Dealer Table Black 17 all three days!
(Look for the Xchyler Publishing banners)
Browse Panel Schedule: http://saltlakecomiccon.com/2015-panel-schedule/
Full vendor list, follow this link: http://saltlakecomiccon.com/2015-vendor-lists/
(Scroll down and find the red box that says “Click Here to View Booth Number Assignments” for spreadsheets and relative maps of the vendor area).
Sarah’s online conference portfolio: http://saltlakecomiccon.com/portfolio-item/sarah-e-seeley/
Salt City Steamfest
July 17-18 at the Sheraton Hotel in Salt Lake City
Friday, July 17
- 4:00 PM: Writing Steampunk for Fun and Profit (Powder Mountain)
Sarah E. Seeley, John M. Olsen, Jay Barnson, Scott William Taylor, Scott Tarbet (Officially: Xchyler)
Saturday, July 18
- 5:00 PM: The Science of Steampunk (Orion)
Paul Genesse, Sarah E. Seeley, Scott William Taylor (Officially: Paul Genesse, Thomas Willeford, Jason King)
*Sold books (including Steel and Bone) at the Xchyler author booth.
Steel and Bone Launch Events
Blog Tour: Online, June 21-July 2
Book Bomb: Online, June 27
Xchyler Publishing’s 2015 Summer steampunk anthology features nine mechanical tales of wonder, intrigue, and retro-futuristic enhancements on peculiar island worlds, all crafted by new and emerging authors. The blog tour runs June 21-July 4 and includes author spotlights, details about what went into creating the featured stories, reviews, and excerpts. Here is the schedule:
- Slithers of Thought (that’s me!): www.SlithersOfThought.com
- The Write Route: thewriteroute.wordpress.com
- Will MacMillan Jones: willmacmillanjones.wordpress.com
- Searching For Stories: bmkstories.squarespace.com
- Author Jason King: authorjasonking.com
- Janci Patterson: jancipatterson.com
- Ever On Word: everonword.wordpress.com
- Warped Factor: www.warpedfactor.com
- Scotty Watty Doodle All The Day: scottywattydoodlealltheday.blogspot.com
A book bomb will be held on the day of publication, June 27th. Follow this link to the event page on Facebook for more details: https://www.facebook.com/events/1486568094968585/1490920917866636/
Loving the Book Events is continuing the blog Tour from June 28 through July 4th. To learn more about the authors and their stories, follow along and check out this link to the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1616565941956586/
Steel and Bone is available in paperback and for Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Steel-Bone-Nine-Steampunk-Adventures-ebook/dp/B00YQRAIIC
A Rafflecopter giveaway will accompany the blog tour with awesome swag including a $20 ThinkGeek gift certificate, keychains, t-shirts, a skeleton pocket-watch, a handcrafted lacewood pen, ebooks, and more. Be sure to enter for a chance to win!
- 1:00 Reading (Eccles)
- 2:00-4:00 Swap/Meet the Clubs/Signings (Stillwater)
Paul Genesse, Sarah Seeley, Ann Chamberlin
- 4:00-5:00 The Lovecraft Panel (Arches)
Eric Swedin, Christopher Husberg, Carter Reid, Sarah Seeley, Eric James Stone
Sunday, May 24
- 1:00-2:00 A Touch of the Macabre: The Thin Line Between Fantasy and Horror (Arches)
Jason King, Carter Reid, Sarah Seeley, Christopher Husberg.
- 3:00-4:00 40 Years of the Nights of Ni…Monty Python and the Holy Grail at 40 (Zion Ballroom)
Blake Cassellman, Sarah Seeley
Life, The Universe, and Everything Writing Symposium 2015
February 12-14 at the Marriott Hotel & Conference Center in Provo
2015 Panels Schedule:
- 9 AM: Pushing the Edge: How Far is Too Far in a Horror Story? (Nathan Shumate, Sarah Seeley, J. R. Johansson, Lehua Parker, Suzanne Vincent)
- 11 AM: Beginnings and Endings (Larry Correia, Jacob Gowans, Aneeka Richins, Sarah Seeley, J. Scott Savage)
- 3 PM: The Elements of Horror Fiction (Virginia Ellen Baker, Steve Diamond, Sarah Seeley, Nathan Shumate, Andrea Pearson)
- 7 PM: So, You Want to Write Horror? (Sarah Seeley, Cody Langille, Lehua Parker, Johnny Worthen, C. H. Lindsay)
- 8 PM: Mass Book Signing
- 1 PM: Modern Fantasy & Its Relation to Folklore and Myth (Tracy Hickman, Jaclyn Weist, Sarah Seeley, Megan Hutchins, Karen Webb)
Salt Lake Comic Con Fan-Xperience 2015
January 29-31 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in downtown Salt Lake City
Come meet Xchyler authors Jay Barnson, Candace J. Thomas, Scott Tarbet, Scott William Taylor, and me at our vendor booth! (Located at table Purple 8 in the exhibitor’s hall).
Utah Winter Faire
December 5-7 at the Legacy Center Indoor Arena in Farmington, Utah.
(Sarah attended December 6 & 7)
Xchyler Publishing is hosting a book booth at the Utah Winter Faire, where we will be selling steampunk, fantasy, and other fiction. You can find copies of the Legends and Lore anthology along with many of the other books the company has to offer.
Legends and Lore Blog Tour & Launch Party
Blog Tour: Online October 14-22, 2014. Launch Party: On Facebook October 22, 4:00-8:00 PM MST.
Legends and Lore: An Anthology of Mythic Proportions is Xchyler Publishing’s 2014 Fall anthology featuring nine stories from new and Xchyler-established authors.
Salt Lake Comic Con 2014
September 4-6 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in downtown Salt Lake City.
Thursday, September 4th
- 7:00 P.M. – The Appeal of Fear (Room 255F): Sean Smithson, Sarah E. Seeley, Jonathan Ryan, Matthew J. Kirby, Elizabeth Fernandez, Michael R. Collings.
Friday, September 5th
- 5:00 P.M – Magic, Myths, Legends, Archetypes and the Supernatural: What Writers of Speculative Fiction Have to Work With (Room 255E): Michelle Witte, Jill Williamson, Sarah E. Seeley, Jennifer Nielsen, Cindy Grigg, Platte Clark, Mikey Brooks.
- 8:00 P.M. – Vampires: The Many Faces of the Most Adaptable Monster (Room 251A): James Wymore, John Steiner, Sarah E. Seeley, Adrienne Monson, Chris Lilly, Stephen Franck.
Saturday, September 6th
- 12:00 P.M. – Monster Song Writing: Music With Teeth (Room 255B): Sarah E. Seeley, Craig Nybo, Angie Lofthouse, Nathaniel Drew, Dave Butler, Chris Aguilar.
- 5:00 P.M. – Structuring Life to Support Creativity (Room 150D): Julie Wright, Scott William Taylor, Sandra Tayler, Sarah E. Seeley, Jonathan Brandon Sawyer, Mat Miner, Shannen Camp.
- 8:00 P.M. – Mad Scientists, Supervillains, and Sociopaths: The Road to Insanity (Room 255C): Aaron Lee Yeager, Sarah E. Seeley, Craig Nybo, Matthew J. Kirby, Angela Hartley, Michaelbrent Collings.
*Sarah also sold books at Dave Butler‘s table of awesome indie authors, located at tables Yellow 38 & 39 of the Artist Alley in the Dealer’s room.
Fantasy Con & Westercon 67
July 3-6 at the Salt Palace Convention Center and the Marriott City Creek Hotel in downtown Salt Lake City. (Sarah attended July 4th-6th)
- Saturday, July 5th at 1:00 PM in Deer Valley I & II (Marriott City Creek Hotel)–Literacy & Science Fiction: Bryce Moore (M), John D. Payne, Jayrod Pernell Garrett, Sarah E. Seeley.
- Selling books at David Butler’s table, July 4th-6th.
- Saturday, July 5th at 4:00 P.M. in room 150 G (Salt Palace Convention Center)–Mormon Mages
Salt Lake Comic Con FanXperience
April 17-19 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City.
- Sold books.
Life, The Universe, and Everything Writing Symposium
February 13-15, 2014 at the Marriot Hotel in downtown Provo.
This is Sarah’s schedule for the symposium. To learn more about LTUE, click here.
Thursday, Feb. 13th
- 3:00 P.M. – Readings: S. A. Butler & Sarah E. Seeley
- 7:00 P.M. – Reclaiming the Vampire: Adrienne Monson, Andrea Pearson, Janci Patterson, Jess Smart Smiley (M), S. A. Butler, Sarah E. Seeley.
Friday, Feb 14th
- 12:00 P.M. – The Curse of the Jungle/Ice/Desert Planet: Brook West, Eric James Stone (M), Nancy Fulda, Jaleta Clegg, Sarah E. Seeley, Roger White.
Saturday, Feb 15th
- 10:00 A.M. – The Engines of Exploration: J. David Baxter, Brett T. M. Peterson, Dan Willis, Sarah E. Seeley, E. A. Younker (M).
- 1:00 P.M. – Death and it’s Consequences: Al Carlisle, Dan Willis, Heather Frost, Jason A. Anderson (M), Julie Frost, Sarah E. Seeley.
- 4:00 P.M. – Horror on the Edge: How Far is Too Far? Andrea Pearson, C. K. Edwards (M), Dr. Michael R. Collings, Jason A. Anderson, Sarah E. Seeley, Steven Diamond.
- 5:00 P.M. – Descripton in Writing: D. T. Read, David Powers King, J. D. Raisor, Mikki Kells, Sarah E. Seeley.
End of Events