March 17-18 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City
- Saturday, 7:00 PM–The Art of Horror: Why People Loved to be Scared (room 151G)
Courtney Alameda, Michaelbrent Collings, Robert J. Defendi (Moderator), Sarah E. Seeley, Nathan Shumate, John Steiner
February 16-18 at the Marriott Hotel & Conference Center in Provo
- 11:00-11:50 AM: Natural Disasters (Birch)
What makes natural disasters so devastating? How do we mitigate these effects? After a disaster, how do people and civilizations recover? This panel seeks to explain the answers using historical events.
Daniel Friend, James Ganiere (M), Beth Meacham, Sarah E. Seeley
- 12:00-12:50 PM: How to Make a Species: Adaptation and Evolution (Cedar)
This panel will seek to explain how a species (real or fictitious) might come to be through the science of evolution and adaptation.
Derick William Dalton, Helge Moulding (M), Scott R. Parkin, Howard Tayler, Sarah E. Seeley
- 3:00-3:50 PM: Geology…in Space! Or, How to Make a Planet (Aspen)
Using the theories of astronomy and geology to explain how a planet is formed, as well as planetary characteristics that might support life.
Daniel Friend (M), Colton Goodrich, Sarah E. Seeley, Collin Jensen
- 6:00 – 6:50 PM: Book Signing (2 hours)
(Zion, Bryce, Arches, Timpanogos)
*I’ll be in the vendors room at the Immortal Works table all three days!